Cri Du Chat
WHAT IS THE 5P- SOCIETY
The 5p- Society (five p minus), a not-for-profit corporation, is the parent support group for families having a child with 5p- Syndrome, also known as Cat Cry Syndrome or Cri du Chat Syndrome.
To encourage and facilitate communication among families having a child with 5p- Syndrome and to spread awareness and education of the syndrome to these families and their service providers.
The 5p- Society was founded in 1986 by parents of children with 5p- Syndrome, with the intent of spreading information about the syndrome to other families, and providing the opportunity to meet and share common experiences. The organization relies heavily on the monetary donations and volunteerism of its members to exist.
Current membership is over 800 families.
- Family Support Services Call 888/970-0777 for referral to the Family Support Coordinator covering your area. They can put you in touch with other families in your geographic area or with another family having a child close in age to your child.
- 5p- Society Newsletter All the 5p- news that's fit to print! See Recent Newsletter tab above.
- Reference Library Informational literature on the syndrome is also available from your Family Support Coordinator by calling 888/970-0777.
- Annual National Meetings The national meeting is held annually in a major city in the United States or Canada during the second weekend in August. This is an opportunity to meet other families and professionals with similar experiences.
- Research Support The 5p- Society works with leading genetic and medical researchers.
- Grandparents Angel Fund A support group for grandparents of children with Cri-du-chat.